Four days gone by since I last seen a person get pummeled by a raging, confused bull. It’s only been four days….
I need to write, but like always, I’m chasing my own bull. Taunting him with cavalier whimsy. Dangling my red sash over his eyes. Looking for that lust of emotion to keep me high on life, because once I start, it’s hard to stop. I say yes to everything. Everything hits my fancy.
I haven’t settled in yet. I haven’t had any moments, not really, to sit quiet. The weight of my unwritten thoughts, compiled with the trajectory of always moving, slips my brain into sliding off its pan.
Why am I so complicated? But I’m not complicated that’s the crazy thing!
It’s too late for me to write tonight. I want to write something epic. Something that finalizes my pilgrimage. I had so many great idea’s, deep thoughts, questions, a few answers – I had them all and kept them in my head but they are slipping off the pan along with myself. Where am I right now? What am I doing?
I need to focus on three things and three things only: Clean out my house and my car, write the crap out of me, and work. Work a LOT. I need to stop saying yes to everything. I need to stop, just stop.
But alas, I can’t. At least not now. Not for a while. Maybe perhaps Monday will be my day. I will go rollerblading and dance and sing like a fool on the Cheshire trail, then sit in the coffee house and write. Oh how wonderful does that sound? How simple it is, and yet feels unattainable at this point.
I feel too big for my britches. Too stretched is my hide.
- The Bull and Mom (vivirquenoespoco.wordpress.com)
- Bull escapes slaughterhouse, hits woman on scooter (sfgate.com)
- Implications for pilgrimage in northern India after the floods, part 2 (pilgrimageportal.wordpress.com)
- Visitors to the Pamplona bull run have blood on their hands | Benjamin Zephaniah (guardian.co.uk)
- 13 Eye-Popping Photos From the Running of the Bulls (mashable.com)
- Inside a Can of Red Bull (weightloss.answers.com)
- Two injured in Pamplona bull run (bigpondnews.com)
- The Stomping Bull and the Rodent Chaser (ghadry.com)
- Fighting cows take flight at the running of the bulls in Pamplona (photoblog.nbcnews.com)