Here’s another video of me in Santiago.
It’s funny how I came here to Europe all by myself, but as I aimlessly walk up and down these cobbled streets in this old historic place, I see the same faces that I’ve been seeing for the past 5 weeks and I don’t feel like a stranger here.
And in my well worn pilgrims attire, I’m not considered a stranger even to those I haven’t met yet.
When people know your purpose, know why you’re here and what you’re doing, they feel they know you and are more apt to show you a warm welcome. Just as it is when you, yourself, know your own purpose. You know yourself and are able to adopt a forgiving self-compassion and knowledge that is otherwise absent when self-awareness is lost.
Have I written about that yet? I forgot. It sounds vaguely familiar. I’m sure that I did.
Anyway, here’s another visual memory for the future me to look back on:
- Shopping… (fishersway.wordpress.com)
- Zaror House @ Santiago, Chile (concretedesignblog.com)
- Camino de Santiago – Days 35-37 – O Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela (aussiebutterfly.com)
- Thoughts after the Way (southwarkcamino.wordpress.com)
- Santiago Deep – Feeling [My Little Dog] (soundlabmagazine.com)
- Santiago de Compostela (maryannpatterson.wordpress.com)